Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shared Dashboards are not Accessible to some parties

Hello,

I am doing some consultant work, and have built 6 executive Reports in Power BI Desktop, published them, pinned them to corresponding dashboards, and shared each one with the repective executive (CEO, COO, etc.).  4 of the dashboards work fine, but 2 of the executives are recieving the "You do not have Access..." error message: 

You don't have access to this dashboard
This invitation contains dashboards, reports, or data outside your organization that cannot be viewed
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID7b8f229a-ef23-462e-8124-9d38df0382c3
TimeThu Sep 01 2016 17:00:53 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Correlation ID855a97cc-b79d-24e5-bb1b-2d84ff418b1a
Version13.0.1605.427
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Here is what I know, and the possibilities I have eliminated:

• Domain is the same for all users
  • Everyone is logged on to PowerBI under the account that I shared their dashboard with
  • I tried having them log in from an Incognito Window
  • I am not using any Role Restrictions or any other Pro features

The only clues I have been able to uncover are:

• That the executives, that cannot open their dashboards, previously experienced difficulties logging into SharePoint, when my company helped them initialize it 1.5 years ago.  To work around this, each executive had to create a Hotmail account, which is linked to their company domain email.
  • When I begin typing in the executives names/emails, to share the dashboards with them in Power BI, I am given an autocomplete option that shows:
    • THEIRNAME_hotmail.com#EXT#@fifthcloud.onmicrosoft.com(There may be more here but it is cut off). This matches the Hotmail account that they set up to access SharePoint, but the "@" symbol is replaced with the underscore "_"

Any thoughts or theories?

2 REPLIES 2
lokihkmaru
Regular Visitor

Hello, I am having the same problem when sharing to users who have #EXT# in their user name. Were you able to find a solution? Thanks.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Is it possible to unlink the Hotmail account and their company domain email? Then we can try to access the dashboard again after doing that to see if this is the root casue.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors