Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mork
Helper V
Helper V

Shared Dashboards and Tenants

Hello,

I have a few dashboards that I have shared within my organization. Under the access tab of my dashboards where I can see with whom I shared each dashboard I can see that all the shared users appear as guest because they are outside my tenant. The thing is all the users are under the same tenant name @xxxxxx.onmicrosoft.com. Why's that and how can I fix it?

Also even though all the users appear as outside of my tenant and as guest they still can share my dashboards if I allow them to share. Isn't this not supposed to happen with users outside you tenant? 

If a user is inside my tenant will he be able to edit the reports that I share with him via the dashboards? At the moment if a user clicks at the top of the dashboard it opens up the full report but the edit report button is greyed out. Is there to allow some of the users to be able to edit the report?

And one last thing, can a report have multiple owners? For example in my office we have two admins that handle the power bi stuff and we both have two separate acounts. But only one account has access to the published dataset and reports. The other has access only to the dashboards that have been shared with him but he can't edit anything. I know there is a way for this setup to work by using groups but still the reports will have a single owner. If that person leaves the company or something then what?

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mork When you share dashboard everyone gets access to underlying report but no one except owner can edit that report. In your scenario you should create a seperate powerbi specific AD account that both of you has access to and use that to publish dashbaords and reports. We have done the same. 

Thanks for the suggestion! That's a nice idea to implement I hoped for a more convinient solution though. Anyway I'll try that! But what about the tenants issue?

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mork

People outside your organisation cannot reshare. Did you get a little warning that said users you're sharing with are outside your organisation when you shared with them ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors