Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SHDJason
Advocate II
Advocate II

Shared Dashboards Not Listed

Hi.

Does anyone know how to make shared dashboards show up in the online view for the recipient?  I shared a dashboard with someone outside my organization (we both have free accounts). They can see the dashboard from the share link that was sent in the email, but they cannot see the dashboard from their normal BI view. Not even when the "Shared with Me" option is selected. They favorited the dashboard and that did not work either.  

Any ideas? Will it eventually show up? 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@SHDJason Unless you publish them via Content Pack, they won't show up. With content pack they do show up and your users can also make copy of it and edit that copy if they like.

Thanks. But can content packs be shared outside of your organization? I though permissions were based on O365 Groups, which are internal.  Maybe I misunderstood?

In my experience they need to use the link to see it, and it doesn't show up in the dashboard ever 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors