Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MDiPo6186
Frequent Visitor

Shareable without signing in?

I have seen this question asked about 100 different ways and I have seen answers that contradict each other. I have a Power BI Pro license through the company I work for. I have multiple reports/dashboards that I would like to share internally on SharePoint. 

The problem I keep running into is users have to sign-in to view my data (I also have to share it with them). I don't want users to have to sign-in to view the information. They have already been vetted through SharePoint. Additionally, I don't want users to have to have a Power BI account (free or paid). I just want users to know I have analytic data on a dashboard and be able to navigate to the SharePoint page and view/filter the information. 

Is this possible for an enterprise to share [proprietary] dashboards/reports internally without any additional sign-in requirements? From what I understand this can be done with Power BI Embedded. Can it be done with Power BI Premium? What about just a Power BI Pro license?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The way it currently works, unless you are doing Power BI Embedded, by design the users will have to sign on.

What could be done is Single Sign On (SSO)could be configured which would make it appear that they have not had to sign in, when in the background SSO has happened?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The way it currently works, unless you are doing Power BI Embedded, by design the users will have to sign on.

What could be done is Single Sign On (SSO)could be configured which would make it appear that they have not had to sign in, when in the background SSO has happened?

Power BI Blog

Thank you GilbertQ,

I guess I don't understand why it is by design. I'm able to "Publish to web" but then everything is public and I can't have that (not to mention: "You may not use this functionality to share content internally, including through email, your internal network, or intranet site.")

I'm also able to do it with Embedded. However, Power BI Embedded is advertised for ISVs and Premium is advertised for Organizations sharing conent internally. So I feel as if the company I work for is required to get Premium. But Premium is adding this additional roadblock requiring everyone to sign-in.

Hopefully I can get SSO enabled. Thanks again.

Hi @MDiPo6186 

I agree it can be a challenge and if you can get SSO done it would make it almost seamless for the end users.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors