Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kevin_Brennan
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint: Request failed error on refresh.

Hi

We have a dataset using Sharepoint online as a datasource and started getting a refresh failed error message when put on the service. Message reads... 

SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error occurred while processing this request.). The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action. Table: BACKUPnew.

I had thought it was related to the note on Support page saying there was an issue when using Premium Capacity and Sharepoint Online datasources. But workaround of removing workspace from Premium Capacity has not helped so wondering if my problem lies elsewhere.

Anyone experienced of this type of error, what was problem/solution? I should add that it refreshes fine from the desktop.

Thanks

K

3 REPLIES 3
akash_rawat

While importing data from sharepoint, it use API Version. 
Please check {APIVERSION], if it is 14 than change to 15.

Make Changes in Query as well as  in Applied Steps

It did works for me.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Kevin_Brennan,

Can you please share more detailed error messages(e.g. request id, activities id... you can find them in refresh history detail info) so that we can use its id to trace detailed error message form power bi service? It will help to troubleshoot.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Data refresh in Power BI#onedrive-refresh 

In addition, did your report host in a premium capacity? If this is a case, please also check the support page known issue list if they suitable for your scenario:

Power bi Support 

Spoiler
Power BI customers with Premium Capacities using SharePoint Online as a data source may see refresh not complete successfully with the following message - "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send". As a temporary workaround until the issue is resolved in Premium capacity, The workspace where the dataset is running can be moved to shared capacity and an on-demand\schedule refresh can be configured. Power BI and SharePoint engineers are actively working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 05/30/2020.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you make sure that the Gateway can access the table BACKUPnew successfully if you had to create it as a new data source?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors