cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiguelMartinez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Share your thoughts on streaming dataflows aka SDF (preview feature)

Back at MBAS, our CVP Arun Ulag gave everybody a sneak peek of streaming dataflows, the new experience for real-time data preparation and comsumption in Power BI. Later at BUILD, we showed everyone an extended demo of the current bits being tried by several of our customers as part of the private preview. And today, finally streaming dataflows is released to the world for public preview with even more updates a new UI.

We would love to hear your feedback and opinions to help us decide what comes next and how to improve this functionality in general. Thanks you so much in advance for your feedback and we will be alert to answer any questions you might have and listen to any ideas you might come up with.

Cheers

The streaming dataflows team

Data for Everyone! We mean it
27 REPLIES 27

Thanks for the reply, the issue I was having became fixed the day after my post, not sure if a bug fix was implemented or something very peculiar happened. All working fine now, thanks!

Great to hear and thanks for letting us know. If you have any more questions, comments, or feedback let us know here and we will try to get back to you ASAP 👍

AndyDDC
Frequent Visitor

Hi Miguel,  I'm currently working through the documentation to get up and running but hitting a snag.  I'm using a PPU account and creating a blank workspace with PPU assignment.  The streaming dataflow option is greyed out with a message stating "Workspaces connected to a storage account are not supported".  This workspace is not connected to Azure nor is the tenant.  I've also tried using an Embedded A3 tier attached to the workspace but I get the same message.

Hey @AndyDDC I replied to this in the blog comments too. You found a bug that blocks any workspace in a tenant connected to ADLS even if the workspace is not connected. We quickly sent a fix that should be deployed in 7 days or less. Thanks for the flag and for trying out streaming dataflows. I'll let you and everyone else know when this is fixed here and in the blog.

Thank you Miguel

Hi @AndyDDC the fix should be deployed now. Please give it a shot and let us know 👍

All good now, it's working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!