Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Share with external organization (both with PRO license)

Hello,

We want to share a dashboard created in my organization (company A) with other Power BI Pro users in other organization (company B). We do it in the Power BI Share Options and they receive an email with the link.

But when they try to enter in the dashboard, the webpage show them a message to buy a Pro license or to start a trial period. We are sure that all the users in both organizations have a Pro license, because they share some other dashboards inside company B and their users need the Pro license to see them.

The problem only happens when we try to share ours dashboard from A to B. Anybody knows why it is happening?

If helps, our company is allowed to share dashboards with external organizations. But they don't have it allowed; we tried to share a dashboard from B to A and we receive a Power BI warning not allowing it.

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RMay
Frequent Visitor

How you have described it should work and is how we have been working with our clients for months. It stopped working early last week.

This is a known issue (causing frustration for us as well) and appearantly it will be fixed tomorrow.

Although it was meant to be fixed on the weekend - 

Power BI Pro customers trying to access externally shared content from a different Tenant may encounter a message asking to “Upgrade to Power BI Pro”. Engineers have identified the root cause and ETA for a fix is end-of-day 06/09/2020.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RMay
Frequent Visitor

How you have described it should work and is how we have been working with our clients for months. It stopped working early last week.

This is a known issue (causing frustration for us as well) and appearantly it will be fixed tomorrow.

Although it was meant to be fixed on the weekend - 

Power BI Pro customers trying to access externally shared content from a different Tenant may encounter a message asking to “Upgrade to Power BI Pro”. Engineers have identified the root cause and ETA for a fix is end-of-day 06/09/2020.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your comments and the information.

As you said, there was a known issue in Microsoft Power BI Service. It seems to be solved yesterday, because we have tried today and it has worked ok.

We were trying it during almost two weeks and we thought that we were doing something wrong.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm not sure about the message and I don't think I have shared that way. However last week I saw this video that I think it can help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-902ry-qU

Hope it works.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors