Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YinchuanMO
Frequent Visitor

Share report with external users

Hi all, I want to share my report with external users.

I just follow the article:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards#share-a-dashboard-or-report-with-...

And I make sure our company have enabled the function of sharing with externals:

Share with externals.JPG

When I try to share the report by a pro trial account with another pro trial external account, I have recevied a notification that my report is successfully shared, but meanwhile, this external account don't have acces to my report, and didn't receive any notice in his mailbox neither. I check then the share list, there is no one except myself.

So I wonder if there is others parameters necessary or steps to follow to share my report with external users? Or maybe because I used a trail account?

Really thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Yinchuan MO

3 REPLIES 3
mihart
Employee
Employee

@YinchuanMO,

when you enter the email address to share the report, at the bottom of the screen is a link to the report.  Can the other Pro user open the report using that link? (IOW, if you send the link to the other user in email or chat, and they click on it, does the report open?).  This info will help with troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Michele 

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YinchuanMO ,

To share reports with users outside the organization, they should be guest users in azure ad.

You can refer to Distribute Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B  for more information.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I think that it should work.

The only thing I can think of is if your AAD does not allow guest accounts (Which is what it creates behind the scenes when sharing externally)

Check with your Admin if Azure Active Directory (AAD) allows for guest accounts?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors