cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Share report with Azure Analysis Service datasource - connect live

Hi ,

I have a report that uses Azure SSAS as a datasource ( connect live ). When I publish and share this report , only users with access to the SSAS Cube will have access to the report. How can I share this report and control the access/security on Power BI, instead of inheriting it from the cube?

Obs 1 - I've seen on this video , that when you want to share a report that uses SSAS ( not azure ) , you need to create a gateway using the service account's credentials, and you are good to go. I couldn't make this work using Azure SSAS.

Obs 2 - I also seen on this link that the user will need access to the cube to access the data, but I'd like to do it like I do with all the other sources, like SQL for example. Users can't access the database, but will have access to the data via power bi

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi there

When you are using LiveConnection the security is always defined in the underlying data source.

Only when you import data can the access/security be controlled within the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors