Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Share point excel data source : Scheduled refresh

Hello everybody,

I have been working on a PBI report which is compose by excel files on SharePoint.

One is a SharePoint session on which one I have access only on the file with the excel document.

The other, I have administrator rights overall SharePoint group.

I have succeed to connect both files on my PBI desktop but when I publish it on a specific workplace, I cannot refresh it directly.

It has seems that the credential I used for accessing those files work on the desktop version but are not working on the PBI service.

On the desktop version, I have used my enterprise Microsoft credential and on the service, I am using the OAuth2 identification, which is supposedly the same, but I receive that error.

Kurumy_FR_1-1610533624822.png 

Usually I create the report with an Oracle data source and through my gateway the scheduled refresh work perfectly.

What are the best practice when we want to an add a SharePoint file ton a scheduled refresh ?

Thanks in advance

Best

Kevin

Thanks in advance

Best

Kevin

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 
From the current screenshot, the error message points to a credential error.

It is recommended to change the authentication methond to 'Organizational account' on the desktop and  then republish the report and edit the datasource crendentials as below.

6.png

5.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?
For now, there is no content of description in the thread. If you still need help, please share more details to us.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?
For now, there is no content of description in the thread. If you still need help, please share more details to us.

Best Regards,

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 
From the current screenshot, the error message points to a credential error.

It is recommended to change the authentication methond to 'Organizational account' on the desktop and  then republish the report and edit the datasource crendentials as below.

6.png

5.png

Best Regards,

Hi Eason, 

I have similar issue with the original post, this file was shared to me on another company's sharepoint. They've also assigned me an microsoft account with their domain. I was able to log in as the organizational account using the account they assigned to me, built the Power BI report in desktop, however I can't authenticate myself for the web source when trying to configure the schedule refresh. I also want to note, OAuth2 is not an option here, please see the screenshot below 

owl_1-1618589861507.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors