Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nannimora Helper I
Helper I

Share in app

Hi,

i found a problem with my reports. I shared my reports with someone that are out of my network. And they have some problem to have these reports in their devise (iPhone or Android). 

they can't see the reports in the folder: shared with me 

(sorry for my english, I hope you could undestand what i wrote.)

Thank you

Giovanni Morabito

ITALIANO:

Ciao a tutti,

Ho un problema con i miei report. Ho condiviso i report con qualcuno fuori dall'organizzazione. E loro hanno dei problemi con la visualizzazione sui loro dispositivi (Iphone o Android). Non trovano i report nella cartella "Condivisi con Me".

Grazie

Giovanni Morabito

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Share in app

@nannimora Unfortunetely, the experience isn't the same when you share outside your organization. The end users need to bookmark the link, and it won't show up in their normal power bi portal. In addition, it won't be available in the PBI app.

Details can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards#share-a-dashboard-with-people-out...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@nannimora Unfortunetely, the experience isn't the same when you share outside your organization. The end users need to bookmark the link, and it won't show up in their normal power bi portal. In addition, it won't be available in the PBI app.

Details can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards#share-a-dashboard-with-people-out...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

nannimora Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for the answer.

Do you think in the next moth will be some updates that make possible open in app (Android or iOS) these reports for people who are out of my organization?

Or they will see the reports shared in their "Shared with me" area?

Best regards,

Giovanni Morabito

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications