Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dujinibcas
Frequent Visitor

Share folder files gateway configuration

I want to schedule BI report refresh but I have several excel files saved in the shared folder. When I am trying configure the shared folder files in gateway, I use my windows credentials. But it does not work and I got error message "The credentials provided for the File source are invalid.". How can I configure the files in gateway?

4 REPLIES 4
dujinibcas
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply. No the gateway and shared folder are in the different server.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dujinibcas ,

Are your gateway and your shared folder in a same server? Or can your gateway access to your shared folder?

In addition, what are you using? Power BI Service or Power BI Report Server?

Best Regards,

Icey

Hi, I think I use Power BI report Service. (I created dashoard in desktop and then publish it to powerbi.com). My computer can access the shared folder. How can I tell if my gateway can acess the shared folder or not. Thanks.

Hi @dujinibcas ,

// How can I tell if my gateway can acess the shared folder or not.

Can you connect to your shared folder via Power BI Desktop from the server which the gateway is installed on?

Best Regards,

Icey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors