Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nickchain
Frequent Visitor

Share dashboard outside organization with premium license

I have a premium license and I'm trying to share a dashboard with my client that is not from my organization. So I'm powerbi@example.com and my client is jhon@client.com.

When I put the email and click the share button it comes out an error: "One or more e-mail addresses with the following domains are outside your organization: client.com". In the past, this will also come out but it will send the email with the link and the invitation anyway. Now, when I'm trying to share the dashboard by sending my client an email, it comes this error: "Failure: Failed to send email to invite users. Please try again later." I have been trying since December 2017 and still comes out the same error message.

I tryed another way, just to share without selecting the box for the "Send email notification to recipients". This time power bi says "Success! Your dashboard has been shared successfully" and I send the link manually to my client. When my client click the link it comes this error "We couldn't find the dashboard, it is possible that it was deleted or that you don't have access to see it"

Any idea how can I fix this so my client can see the dashboard designed for him?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-jiascu-msft 

I talked with the administrator of the premium license in my company and he had to fix something with azure, something that enable to send mails to domains outside our company,

Hope this help to others with the same issue,

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nickchain,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft 

I talked with the administrator of the premium license in my company and he had to fix something with azure, something that enable to send mails to domains outside our company,

Hope this help to others with the same issue,

Cheers

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nickchain,

Did you solve your issue?

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Yes, I was able to fix it,

Thank you!

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nickchain,

I can't reproduce it. Please check if your admin disable the function Share with External.

Share_dashboard_outside_organization_with_premium_license

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors