Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Angel
Resolver III
Resolver III

Share customized organizative content pack

Hi, everyone

I have created an organizative content pack in my organization and I have shared with other user.

The user can access to the organizative content pack as read-only. However he can do his customized copy to modify reports and dashboards.

Now I want user can shared his customized dashboards to others members of organization. And he can't do it.

Captura.JPG

I have said that user who want to share dashboard has Power BI Pro license but in trial version. Is it the problem?. I mean.. If user pay for Pro license can he share the dashboard or they are not been able to share dashboard even if he pay?

¿Can anyone help me, please?.

Thanks in advance,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Angel,

Yes, as you said, user can copy the dataset of original content pack and create dashboard an report on it, but he still can't direct operate on original content pack.

>>Related to the settings you have mentiones, I don't know where I can change setting in content pack.

These settings which I mentioned is the admin portal setting, you can refer to below links to know more about them.

Power BI admin portal

About the Office 365 admin center

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks, @v-shex-msft

It's what I have supposed to.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Angel,

I test with both pro account and trial account, they can share the customize dashboard which based on content pack. Can you share something detail content?

In addition, I think the issue may related to the settings, please contact to admin to check the settings to ensure if it allow user to share the dashboard.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-shex-msft

I have keep on with this issue and I have realized:

• User can't share original dashboard, neither pin one tile from original one to a new one created by him.
  • When user copied content pack, dashboards, reports and datasets from content pack were copied too. User with this copy:
    • Can pin to a new dashboard created by him
    • He can't shared the copy of dashboards (it seems it belongs to the user who create content pack).
  • User only can share new dashboards created by him.

So, It seems the copy of content pack allows some things than original one (i.e. pin visual). But user only can shared new dashboards created by him.

Related to the settings you have mentiones, I don't know where I can change setting in content pack.

Thanks,

Hi @Angel,

Yes, as you said, user can copy the dataset of original content pack and create dashboard an report on it, but he still can't direct operate on original content pack.

>>Related to the settings you have mentiones, I don't know where I can change setting in content pack.

These settings which I mentioned is the admin portal setting, you can refer to below links to know more about them.

Power BI admin portal

About the Office 365 admin center

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Thanks, @v-shex-msft

It's what I have supposed to.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors