Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vinicius_ramos
Helper III
Helper III

Share a Workspace

Hello friends, how are you?

I need to give someone permission to share reports in my workspace, but when i try to share, there is no option to share.

vinicius_ramos_0-1645793450693.png

Who can help me?

OBS: Lenguage is Portuguese.

Tks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vinicius_ramos 

The easiest way to find out if you're a "Member" or "Admin" of a Workspace is that you will have the Access menu, Workspace "Contributors" and "Viewers" do not get the Access menu.

If you can publish into the Workspace, but do not see the Access menu, you must be set up as a "Contributor", "Viewers" cannot publish into a Workspace.

You'll need to find out who created the Workspace and get them to give you the rights you need.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vinicius_ramos 

Provided you have the permissions in the Workspace, either Admin or Member, you can share the workspace by giving other users Access, use the Access menu in the Workspace.

Burningsuit_0-1645801274835.png

Note that you can't give other users access to "My Workspace" only Workspaces you have permissions to share.

Hope this helps

Stuart

@Burningsuit 

How do I see if I'm an administrator or a member?

Because this workspace is mine, i published the report in it, what i don't understand is how i'm not an admin.

Do you can help me?

Hi @vinicius_ramos 

The easiest way to find out if you're a "Member" or "Admin" of a Workspace is that you will have the Access menu, Workspace "Contributors" and "Viewers" do not get the Access menu.

If you can publish into the Workspace, but do not see the Access menu, you must be set up as a "Contributor", "Viewers" cannot publish into a Workspace.

You'll need to find out who created the Workspace and get them to give you the rights you need.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Thank you!!

Have a nice day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors