Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Share Workspace from client to me doesnt work

Hi guys,

My client wants to share with me a workspace, i have done the following steps but it doesnt work.

1. The client has created my user in their azure active directory, i have accepted the invitation and now i'm a external azure active directory in their azure

2. The client has created a workspace and in the workspace access it has added me as an admin some hours ago, but when we access to the PowerBI service I can't see that workspace.

Can someone help me on this? maybe it is something inthe powerbi admin portal -- tenant settings of my client that it is wrong but i dont know what. 

Kind regards!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dobregon 

Yeah I think it is not currently possible to access dataflows in another tenant with a guest account. 

You would need to have an account in their tenant.

you can vote for the idea on https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @dobregon 

What you will need to do is to get the URL of the Tenant ID from your Customer.

They can go there by clicking on the question mark and then clicking on About Power BI

This will then show them the details and they can click on the Tenant URL as shown below

GilbertQ_0-1614638127955.png

Next once you access that you will then be able to navigate to the App Workspace that was shared with you.

Now the final part is if you want to upload a PBIX file currently you have to do it manually by going into the App Workspace and clicking on Get Data, then Create New Content and click under Files

GilbertQ_1-1614638230470.png

Power BI Blog

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks @GilbertQ very usefull, now I can see the workspace of the client with the dataflows. But now i have the next step problem

The goal of shred with me the workspace is to have access to the dataflow that it has. I'm working with the PowerBI desktop trying to connect to this dataflow and I can't see in the list (probably due to the desktop is trying to look dataflows in my tenant, not in the client tenant). How can i searh or conect desktop to that dataflow?

Kind regards!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Hi @dobregon 

Yeah I think it is not currently possible to access dataflows in another tenant with a guest account. 

You would need to have an account in their tenant.

you can vote for the idea on https://ideas.powerbi.com

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors