Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FabriceL

Share Reports through Microsoft Teams

Hello,

We have several reports we'd like to publish in Teams. These reports are hosted in a single premium workspace. 

For testing purposes, we added a free user to the workspace members lists, he was then able to access the report via PowerBI service and Microsoft Teams.

But as the target audiences are different as per each report, we wish to add the users (with free licences) at a report level via the "Share" function.

Once done, the report is properly listed in the "Shared with me" panel on PowerBI Service but in Microsoft Teams there's only the Power BI logo showing up (as if the report was indefinitely loading).

Is it a licence issue ?

Is it required to share at a workspace level ? We would have to create a bunch of workspaces depending on the audience.

Note ; we've noticed the same behavior in a SharePoint Online WebPart

Thanks in advance for any advice or help

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FabriceL

Thanks to CrownWorker. I've applied the same method he's decribing in this thread

It means :

- In Power BI Service, I shared with myself the report I want to publish to our users

- In Microsoft Teams, I've added a PowerBI tab :  instead of selecting the workspace in which the report is hosted I've selected "My Workspace" . Within this workspace, I've selected the previously shared report. 

- The other members of the team (with a free PowerBI licence) have now access to the report (as long as it has been shared with them even if they are not members of the workspace)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FabriceL

Thanks to CrownWorker. I've applied the same method he's decribing in this thread

It means :

- In Power BI Service, I shared with myself the report I want to publish to our users

- In Microsoft Teams, I've added a PowerBI tab :  instead of selecting the workspace in which the report is hosted I've selected "My Workspace" . Within this workspace, I've selected the previously shared report. 

- The other members of the team (with a free PowerBI licence) have now access to the report (as long as it has been shared with them even if they are not members of the workspace)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors