Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Share Report with Personnel account user without having Power Bi license

hey experts i have few confusions which i want to clear.
In my case i am able to share report with a user having personnel email with postfix  @outllook.com.He gets a link and when he opens the link they ask him to create an account inorder to view the report and when he tries,it prompts that "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead." 
1) So how a user with personnel account can acces the report as he is unable to create account with personeel email?
2) Moreover do they  also need a power bi pro license to see reports?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

AFAIK, share features are Pro feature and they require Pro licenses. (both sender and receiver are required pro license) In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you consider using 'publish to web' feature to share(it does not require a pro license) :

Publish to web from Power BI 
For sign up accounts, current power bi has limits on specific accounts, you can take a look at the following document to know more about this.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

AFAIK, share features are Pro feature and they require Pro licenses. (both sender and receiver are required pro license) In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you consider using 'publish to web' feature to share(it does not require a pro license) :

Publish to web from Power BI 
For sign up accounts, current power bi has limits on specific accounts, you can take a look at the following document to know more about this.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

A user can use his personal account. When the prompt comes up they must select Personal account it does work for me.

With regards to view the reports, yes when using a personal account, you will have to assign a Power BI Pro license to the Personal account, either via Office 365 Admin Portal or Azure Active Directory (Which is where the user account is created)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors