Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Share Powerbi Report with Non PowerBi users outside my Organization

Here are the points that is my reuqirement while sharing powerbi report outside my organization

1. Share Powerbi Report to Outside my organization.
  2. End users dont' have powerbi account/Nither Office 365
  3. I have PowerBi Pro License
  4. I would liket share with bulk users (eg. 100 or more at once)
  5. If possible I would also like to get Row Level Security feture with all above the requirment.

What I think possible might be:

Embed PowerBi Report in to Web or sharepoint and publish it to web and above that powerbi report keep a layer of custom login screen. Username and password we willl generate at our end and share with our users. So they can access the dashboard without having PowerBi Account or office 365 account?

Is this possible using PowerBi Peremium License?

The problem that leads me to post this question is:

Sometimes our end user(bulk users) don't have powerbi account and creating powerbi accoutn for each user is long process and clients dont want to go throught the process. In short time this is not possible.

Thanks,

Kulchandra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous You have a couple options. You can share with users that don't have O365/AAD Accounts (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/share-your-power-bi-content-with-anyone-by-email-2/), they can have any type of email domain as long as all they are doing is consuming reports. So for that list of users you could assign Pro licenses to the guest accounts you set up in your Azure AD and they would be able to log in with their credentials (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-azure-ad-b2b). Alternatively, you could purchase premium and not have to assign the Pro licenses to the user accounts, but that could be much more expensive.

A second option is to use embedded. (Not Publish to Web), That allows you to spin up an Azure A sku and embed your report into a custom application. The application would handle any external authentication of users, and you can also use/apply row level security. This is likely the cheapest option, but requires more development. And again, this also works with a P1 license.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
natasjamekes
Helper II
Helper II

With Webdashboard you can easily share your Power BI reports and dashboards, with an intern and external users. All you need is an e-mail address. You can try Webdashboard for 30 days and if you need any help, they will quickly react. It's available at the Microsoft App Source and for more information, you can visit the website: www.webdashboard.com 

@Anonymous You have a couple options. You can share with users that don't have O365/AAD Accounts (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/share-your-power-bi-content-with-anyone-by-email-2/), they can have any type of email domain as long as all they are doing is consuming reports. So for that list of users you could assign Pro licenses to the guest accounts you set up in your Azure AD and they would be able to log in with their credentials (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-azure-ad-b2b). Alternatively, you could purchase premium and not have to assign the Pro licenses to the user accounts, but that could be much more expensive.

A second option is to use embedded. (Not Publish to Web), That allows you to spin up an Azure A sku and embed your report into a custom application. The application would handle any external authentication of users, and you can also use/apply row level security. This is likely the cheapest option, but requires more development. And again, this also works with a P1 license.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hey Seth, just wondering if there's any update on these sharing techniques? I am in a similar boat where I need to share my dashboard with an external (non-Microsoft) company. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors