Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Share Dashboards and Reports

Hi all,

Can Power BI Free Users Access reports Shared by Pro Users? or Do they require Pro License?

I'm trying to give access to free users but its not working.

Is there any way they can view the report without having to purchase the Pro Liscense ?

Thank you and Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - Short answer is no, viewers for reports shared by Pro users also need Pro licenses. There are some work-a-round options such as Publish to Web as well as Power BI Premium. Here is an article I wrote pre Power BI Premium Per User: Power BI Licensing in Pictures - Updated! - Microsoft Power BI Community

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Team,

I need help in getting the error resovled.

Infra - Deploy via PowerBI Service 

However, able to open for few of the users, however for one of the user below error

Underlying Error: PowerBI service client received error HTTP response. HttpStatus: 503. PowerBIErrorCode: OpenConnectionError

OpenConnectionError: Failed to open the MSOLAP connection.

Thanks in advance.

luvsql

I am very puzzled why anyone that needs to view data from our own O365 tenant has to have a Pro license.  With the pricing of a pro license, it's almost the same as a Business Standard which gives you all the apps, SharePoint, Teams, Onedrive and this literally just lets you view a report?

If Microsoft would fix all of its usage reports within the Admin Centre, I would finally get some real reporting from SharePoint/Exchange, yet they don't, so now they want thousands per month to report on our own data and share it?

Ludicrous.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly, its not logical at all that we are paying thousands each month and now I need to request a new license for sharing reports only.

Its very hard to justify this as a new budget.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - Short answer is no, viewers for reports shared by Pro users also need Pro licenses. There are some work-a-round options such as Publish to Web as well as Power BI Premium. Here is an article I wrote pre Power BI Premium Per User: Power BI Licensing in Pictures - Updated! - Microsoft Power BI Community

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors