Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slawero
Frequent Visitor

Share Dashboard outside organization

Hi,

When I share a dashboard with someone outside my organization I get the message that the dashboard was shared successfully but the recepient never gets it. When I go to Access tab of Shared Dashboard info I can see this:

test2.PNGTest.PNG

Please advise if this is this is the normal behaviour.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @slawero,

The external user should receive an email. Didn't the receipt get the email? Or can't they access?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

slawero
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Thank you for your idea. The problem was that the user didn't use the link in the email. They thought the dashboard will be visible in the 'shared with me' tab in their online account. When the dasboard is shared within the organization it appears in 'shared with me tab'. For reports shared outside the organization it looks that it doesn't.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
natasjamekes
Helper II
Helper II

With Webdashboard you can easily share your Power BI reports and dashboards, with an intern and external users. All you need is an e-mail address. You can try Webdashboard for 30 days and if you need any help, they will quickly react. It's available at the Microsoft App Source and for more information, you can visit the website: www.webdashboard.com 

slawero
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Thank you for your idea. The problem was that the user didn't use the link in the email. They thought the dashboard will be visible in the 'shared with me' tab in their online account. When the dasboard is shared within the organization it appears in 'shared with me tab'. For reports shared outside the organization it looks that it doesn't.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @slawero,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @slawero,

You are right. Please refer to share-a-dashboard-with-people-outside-your-organization.

Hi @jbaideme,

Your issue is different from this one. Please create a new thread in the Issue forum.

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

I have the same problem. I read the article you mentioned (share-a-dashboard-with-people-outside-your-organization). 

I don´t understand how can I bookmark the link to access this dashboard? If somebody outside of my organization share with me a dashboard, Do I have to go to the link every time I want to access to the report? or can I "put" the report inside my power bi site?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Lucía

jbaideme
Advocate II
Advocate II

Having the same issue here except our external users are receiving the invite but then they are being prompted to upgrade to PowerBI Pro... But they are Pro users already. These are external clients who have viewed the same dashboards in the past.error.png

If they select cancel, it'll take them to the dashboard but will not show any tiles. However, if they select the QnA box, it'll show info on their data. 

I saw PowerBI's post which sounds similar, but these users have accepted invites before.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @slawero,

The external user should receive an email. Didn't the receipt get the email? Or can't they access?

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors