Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ggelape
Regular Visitor

Share Dashboard outside organization

Hi everyone,

My company started using PowerBI a few months ago, so we could use it in our clients, so we tested it a few times, did dashboards with no significant data, and ran with a new client data to present to him, everything went smoothly, so far so good... Until a few days ago, last week if I'm not mistaken, out of the blue he could not access the dashboard anymore. We are both pro users, and i tried with multiple accounts outside my organization, none of them seem to work, with and without gateway.

So my problem is, people outside my organization can't acess my dashboard and i can't seem to figure out why. Here are a few images of what happens:

when i click the email shared link

it keeps loading forever...

and another one when i share just the dashboard link:

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ggelape,

What is your data source?

Do you share the dashboard to external Pro trial users? If so, as mentioned in Power BI Support, Pro trial users are unable to access externally shared dashboards within the Power BI Service, engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem and can't find a solution. Can anyone help me?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ggelape,

What is your data source?

Do you share the dashboard to external Pro trial users? If so, as mentioned in Power BI Support, Pro trial users are unable to access externally shared dashboards within the Power BI Service, engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

What do you mean by what is my data source? 

I get my data from an SQL Server.

Yes, i share it with pro trial users, didn't knew about that, if i share it with normal pro users, not trials, it will work? And any news on the fix, like dates or something like that?
Thank you.

@ggelape,

I mean that where you get data. According to Awareness in the Power BI support site, this issue has been fixed, please check it on your side.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors