Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

heringer
Frequent Visitor

Share Dashboard outside domains (PRO trial account)

After reading this, this, this, this, and this, it sounds like it is possible to share a dashboard with an user that has a different e-mail domain.

So, for example, it would be possible to share a dashboard in my account asdf@mydomain.com with a user whose account is someoneelse@anotherdomain.com, since both of us has a PRO account.

But it is not happening. May it be because my account is still a "PRO trial" account?

At the moment, i share the dashboard successfully with users with the same e-mail domain, but the dashboard does not show up in the account with another e-mail domain.

Thanks for attention.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @heringer,

According to my test, Pro and Pro trial both work fine. You need to notice that the user from another domain should open the dashboard from the email. The dashboard link is only for the member of the tenant.

Share Dashboard outside domains (PRO trial account).jpg 

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
andyjholt

I tried adding users from an external partner as guest users to the tenent directory using the Azure AD Admin Center but the users still can only access dashboards via the email links sent via emails. This seems counter intuitive as giving external partners access to multiple dashboards seems a pretty obvious scenario so why would Power BI not display all dashboards shared with that user when they log in. I just don't understand the logic here??  

I agree.

I've voted to this linked idea about sharing.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @heringer,

According to my test, Pro and Pro trial both work fine. You need to notice that the user from another domain should open the dashboard from the email. The dashboard link is only for the member of the tenant.

Share Dashboard outside domains (PRO trial account).jpg 

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You are right, thanks for making it clear.

With your orientation in mind, I asked to access remotely the other user computer and i found out that he did receive the e-mail, but he could not open the dashboard due to problems with the Edge browser.

I just opened with Chrome and it did work.

Then i could see exactly what you said. The dashboard does not appear to him as "shared with me" and it did not work pasting that link. The only way is to use the link in the e-mail.

It is kind of awkward and unfriendly, but it did work. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors