Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zonesjoey

Share Button Not working

Hello,

My ‘Share’ button no longer works on the online service.  Is there a fix for this?  I have searched online and it appears there was an issue at the end of August, but can’t find anything since.

Below is a video of exactly what is happening to me.  Below is a link (not my video) of exactly what is happening.

Link

10 REPLIES 10
Datalover85

For me, my organization recenlty implemented ad AdBlocker extension for Chrome which was blocking the share button and it's unclear what else was being prohibited. Turning off the extension on the power BI page finally solved the issue for me. 

Unfortuntately this solution was not intuitive at first, and I don't believe many forums reference this. Please spread the word!

@zonesjoey Couple things here. Have you tried other browsers? There are times I've seen different behavior on different browsers. Also, do you get the same issue when you click the "..." next to the dashboard? You can also initiate a "Share from the location as well.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I have tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox with no luck. I hadn't tried the "..." until you suggested it just now (thank you by the way), but it did not work either. The only thing that happens is at the end of the URL a "/share" gets added. Nothing else.

@zonesjoey Found a cross post that leads here to the issue. The relevant part provided by Chuck Sterling is found in the comments. It states to try this as a work around:

"Switch back to my workspace first, refresh the page, and then switch to that group to share the dashboard."

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I found that too and I switched back and forth. Then tried to delete my test group space.....no luck

@zonesjoey Bummer... Is this report one from your workspace? Is it shared with you? Can you add some background to the situation, or is it just a straightforward vanilla "you created, it's in your workspace, and you're trying to share?

I would make a comment to the previous issue raised saying it doesn't work for you...

It's a report that I created in my workspace and I had previously shared the report with others and had no issues. Now when I go to add additional people nothing happens. And it's the same for all of my different dashboards that I share with other groups.

Hi @zonesjoey,

The share button seems work on my side, can you provide some detail info to help us reproduce your issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I provided a link in my original post at the very bottom. It's a video of exactly what is happening to me. What other details would help?

This happened to me back in August. I updated my browser but that may not really help if you are using a self-updating browser.

You say you are switching back to your workspace prior to sharing. Are you trying to share a group dashboard with a non-group member?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors