Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

(Share Apps) People outside of my organization can't install an App

Hi,

I know the limitations of sharing reports and dahsboards with people outside of my organization, but i can't find so much explanations about the limitations of Apps.

I have created a workspace and then create an App, in this app i've given access to people outside of my organization (and inside my organization), apart of that, i have activated the option "install automatically"  when configure the app power-bi-apps-access

The people inside my organization can access to the app directly in their Apps in powerbi but the people outside of my organization can't install the app, so they can access only using the link and they can't use the powerbi mobile app that it is importan becasue i have created dashboards for them and they can't see them.

Kind regards!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @dobregon,

You could have a notice on the limitations about distributing Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B.

• External B2B guests are limited to consumption of content only. External B2B guests can view apps, dashboards, reports, export data and create email subscriptions for dashboards and reports. They can't access workspaces or publish their own content.
  • This feature is not currently available with the Power BI mobile apps. On a mobile device, you can view Power BI content shared using Azure AD B2B in a browser.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @dobregon,

You could have a notice on the limitations about distributing Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B.

• External B2B guests are limited to consumption of content only. External B2B guests can view apps, dashboards, reports, export data and create email subscriptions for dashboards and reports. They can't access workspaces or publish their own content.
  • This feature is not currently available with the Power BI mobile apps. On a mobile device, you can view Power BI content shared using Azure AD B2B in a browser.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot, this is a confirmation that we can't share as mobile apps. I have added the external people inside Azure as guests and i'm sharing the apps but they can only see using the browser in the smarthphone.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors