Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abhay03
Helper I
Helper I

Shape map not displaying in Power BI Service

The shape map is not showing in Power BI Service for my report from last few days. The preview feature is checked and Power BI desktop version is 2.53.4954.481 64-bit (December 2017). The Location field is categorized to State or Province in the modeling. However the visual is showing as usual on PBI desktop.

8 REPLIES 8
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@abhay03

Please try to change the shape into other region map, then switch back and republish the .pbix file. It supposes to work properly. 

234.PNG

235.PNG

Regards, 

Is there any update on this issue and a fix in the service?  I realise shape map is in preview, but are there any other ways of getting it to work.  It was working fine a week or so ago and now when i update my pbix to the service it doesn't show the shape map.

I have the default theme and i have switched shape maps back and forth as outlined in another thread.(Australia, to US back to AUS)

I have settled on using the filled map for now in the service but it doesn't look or behave nearly as well as the shape map (when it is working:)).

As per Microsoft support, this is a known issue and fix is expected by 8th Jan.

Hi All,

Even we are also using india shape Map in our reports . For us its working fine in power service.

Regards,

Bajee.

yahoo!!!   shape maps appear via online services again with the January 2018 update.... thank you!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have the issue, the map didn't work in old reports republished in january. Besides, in new reports this bug is presented as well/ Have no idea what to do or what more to try, and unfortunately this map is essential for the report. It seems to work at the early beginning when there is only map on the page, but then disappear when other elements are added.

@v-sihou-msft, this is working for me on the Power BI desktop for new shape map. For existing visual that is already visible on the desktop, I tried these steps but it did not come into Service.

hi abhay03

are you using an imported theme to change the colors of the pbix file?  i ran into the same issue; however when i use the default theme, the shape map will appear via the online Service AND in the desktop version

when Publishing to the Service using an imported custom theme in the pbix file, the shape map does NOT appear 😞

anyone else try using custom themes and get the shape map to appear?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors