Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up on-prem gateway connecting to MySQL and Sharepoint data source

Hi,

I have a pbi report which connects to mysql and sharepoint datasource. I am trying to configure an on-prem gateway to run scheduled refresh, however I am unable to do so:

Capture.PNG

When I try adding hte Sharepoint source to the gateway, selecting Windows as an authentication method and inserting my username and credentials which I normally use to login to SharePoint, I receive the following warning - Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."

Invalid connection credentials

Error Code:

DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode

Time:

Mon Jan 06 2020 09:22:09 GMT+1100 (AUS Eastern Daylight Time)

Service version:

Client version:

How can I fix this?

Also, I have read a thread that pbi cannot accomodate setting up an on-prem gateway connecting to 2 data sources. Instead you would need to use a personal gateway to run scheduled refreshes. However, this thread was posted in 2016. Has there been any updates since then? Can the on prem gateway be used to connect to two data sources?

Kind Regards,

I

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

What type of SharePoint data source did you use? Sharepoint online or SharePoint on-premise? If you are working with an on-premise SharePoint that deploys in private networks, please enable the proxy feature on your gateway.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Configure proxy settings for the on-premises data gateway 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

I am currently useing hte Sharepoint online data source.

Regards,

I

HI @Anonymous ,

AFAIK, there are a few type of connectors can link to SharePoint online datasorue, can you please explain more about them?(e.g. SharePoint list, SharePoint folder, SharePoint online list, file, Odata...)

Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. 

In addition, any advanced operations apply in query tables? (merge, combine, reference, custom function...)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Make sure you have got this enabled on your Gateway in the Power BI Service as shown below. This will allow you to connect to cloud and on-prem data sources.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors