Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SteveKWWHA
Frequent Visitor

Setting up PowerBI

Hi All

Apologies if i am in the incorrect forum. I am looking at setting up PowerBO for paginated reports. We have purchased a Power BI premium Per User license to test this

When i then use the report builder and attempt to publish to my own workspace, i get the follow error: - 

ErrorCode: PaginatedReportRequiresPremiumWorkspace, Detail: You need Power BI Premium to use paginated reports in Power BI.

I there something i need to do to enable this? I've looked in the Admin console > Capacity Settings and i see the below: - 

Need more control over performance and scale?
Purchase Premium capacity, an add-on to Power BI Pro, to scale your BI solutions and easily distribute content with everyone in your organization.

Is there something else i need to do?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @SteveKWWHA 

You need to create a PPU Workspace and publish the Paginated Reports there. You can't publish to "My Workspace" as it's not a PPU Workspace. Just click on "Create Workspace" in the Workspaces list and create a PPU workspace.

Burningsuit_0-1634129363646.png

You should then be able to publish your Paginated Report into the PPU workspace.

Burningsuit_2-1634129574006.png

See also The new workspace experience in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @SteveKWWHA 

You need to create a PPU Workspace and publish the Paginated Reports there. You can't publish to "My Workspace" as it's not a PPU Workspace. Just click on "Create Workspace" in the Workspaces list and create a PPU workspace.

Burningsuit_0-1634129363646.png

You should then be able to publish your Paginated Report into the PPU workspace.

Burningsuit_2-1634129574006.png

See also The new workspace experience in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors