Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting alert

Hey guys,

I have a question.

I have a huge dataset which includes the parcels, waiting time and couriers.

I want to create an alert if the parcel is waiting over three days.

E.g.

parcels.        waiting days couriers

cp00000.       15.               toll

cp1234.         12.              DPS

How can i do this?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous I might not have been clear here. What I am suggesting is a measure that calculates an overall count for any parcels that are over 3 days. That Card visual can be placed on dashboard and will trigger an alert to be sent if the threshold you set is met. That card can then be linked to the actual page where you show all parcels that are over 3 days. 8k records is small. This solution proposal takes the aggregated amount, not on the parcel level. So I'm unsure of whether or not it meets your needs.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous What sort of alert? If "any" parcel is over 3 days? Or on a parcel level. For auto-generated alerts you would need to define a measure with your business logic and then use a card on a dashboard for automated alerts to be sent out via Power BI. ->https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-set-data-alerts

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer 

For example ,

the dataset is look like this:

parcel.     waiting days   couriers

cp12345    15                toll

cp01122.    2                 ups

Then there should be an alert as the first parcel has been waiting for over 3 days.

So i should say it is on a parcel level.

Thanks a lot

@Anonymous I'm not aware of a row level way to do this. You can have a card on a dashboard that will send an email alert that you have parcels over 3 days. You would need some backend process to exclude them in further alerts if you didn't want to keep recieiving an alert after every refresh for the same items. If you would want that, then the card would work. I would suggest you create a report of a list of all the overdue parcels, and then when you recieve the alert you could click on the card and be taken to the detailed list of all parcels that are overdue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer 

Is it working for a large amount of data becuz i have around 8000 lines.

Also i want to ask is it possible to get the relevant project names (which row triggered the alert)?

Thanks a lot!

@Anonymous I might not have been clear here. What I am suggesting is a measure that calculates an overall count for any parcels that are over 3 days. That Card visual can be placed on dashboard and will trigger an alert to be sent if the threshold you set is met. That card can then be linked to the actual page where you show all parcels that are over 3 days. 8k records is small. This solution proposal takes the aggregated amount, not on the parcel level. So I'm unsure of whether or not it meets your needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors