Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting Up an On-prem Gateway to Enable Members to Refresh

Hi,

I have a PBI report which I have published within my workspace. I am able to refresh the dataset, and set up a scheduled refresh, as I have a personal gateway installed within my device. However, others who have permission to the workspace are unable to refresh the dataset from their devices, and are receiving the error message "Refresh failed due to gateway configuration issues". I have understood that users who want to be able to refresh the dataset must install a gateway within their device prior. Alternatively, to allow users to be able to refresh the dataset without installing a personal gateway, an on-prem gateway must be installed.

I would like to be able to grant permission to all users who have access to the workspace to be able to refresh the dataset. I am in the process of configuring the on-prem gateway, and I just want to ask what should i select within the Data Source Field? I have tried selecting SharePoint as a data source type, as the pbix file is also available within our SP site, but i keep on getting the error "Invalid connection credentials". 

Is anyone able to shine light on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you use the standard mode of the gateway, you should set the data source as the source data used in your report (Or mean the pbix you published). For example, if you your pbix file connected to a SQL Server, you published it to the Power BI Service, then you should set the data source as SQL Server and configure the credentials of it.

You can find the type of your data source in "Setting" - "dataset" - "Gateway connect" - "Data source included in this dataset", as the following picture show.

12.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you use the standard mode of the gateway, you should set the data source as the source data used in your report (Or mean the pbix you published). For example, if you your pbix file connected to a SQL Server, you published it to the Power BI Service, then you should set the data source as SQL Server and configure the credentials of it.

You can find the type of your data source in "Setting" - "dataset" - "Gateway connect" - "Data source included in this dataset", as the following picture show.

12.PNG

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors