Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set up an integration between PBI dataset to update a csv file (ideally in google sheets)

I've run into an unfortunate situation where users of a report I've generated need to download the data on a regular basis (weekly). The reason for this is we're using google sheets to create a PDF document that gets sent to our clients each week; this cannot be done in PBI because of the need for customised input from the Account Manager on the creation of each document.

Is there any way to link the PBI report I've created directly to the google sheet through a tool or code, so that the data in the sheet updates automically, without the need to download the data? I've searched online and can't find anything useful but I thought I would ask the community to see if anyone knew a way.

Thanks,

Tim

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I don't think there is anything inside the default behaviour of Power Bi to help you with that. I think there might be two ways to get there.

1- Power Automate: you might be able to take data from the source of the Power Bi and use the GoogleDrive API to check if you can upload there a table. (this is a guess, I'm not a power automate or google api expert)

2- You might be able to use Python or R inside your Power Bi desktop Power Query operations. There is post about exporting data from there. The idea would be changing the export code to a code to upload and replace the file in google drive. The problem with this approach is that once you add that code to your dataset you must use a Personal Gateway to refresh it. That may be wrong if your data is cloud and refreshes automatically. Post: https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/617917545084846080/powerbi-exportar-un-datos-automáticamente-al

I hope this helps, the request is kind of weird. Google is a different cloud. It might be easier to just connect an excel to the model in Microsoft onedrive instead of google.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors