Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DQuigg
Advocate III
Advocate III

Session timeout in Power BI Embedded

We are an ISV using Power BI Embedded for an application. There is an automatic one hour session limit that is imposed and I can't find anywhere to adjust it. I see where you can adjust it in Premium but not embedded. This is causing all sorts of havoc on the application. Supposedly it is in the Azure portal but I can't find it anywhere there. The article below was not helpful as it only seems to deal with Premium.  

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-premium-manage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @DQuigg 

Here  are some articles for reference:

Configurable token lifetimes in Azure Active Directory (Preview) 

Microsoft identity platform access tokens 

Hope it will be helpful for you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @DQuigg 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?
If it is,  please mark the helpful replies or your reply as Answered to close this thread?

Best Regards,

Thank you for the response. We will be trying to work the possible options.  Appreciate it.

Hi @DQuigg ,

Are you able to sort this session timeout issue in app with Power BI Embedded reports? We are facing similiar kind of issue, please share your experience that will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Karthik

Hi @karthik_krish,

We haven't had this issue in a while - I am not sure what our developers did, but they were able to find a setting to increase the timeout. It was one of these options. 

Hi @DQuigg ,

Thanks for your response. Yes, even we were able to increase the timeout of access token through Azure AD (thru link shared below) and now we can set such a way that it wont automatically logout within 24hrs at max. After 24 hrs we have to sign in again to run Power BI reports.

Hope that's the only possible workaround for this case.

Reference article : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-configurable-token-...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/configure-token-lifetimes

Thanks,

Karthik

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @DQuigg 

Here  are some articles for reference:

Configurable token lifetimes in Azure Active Directory (Preview) 

Microsoft identity platform access tokens 

Hope it will be helpful for you.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors