Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mattiaseriksson
Regular Visitor

Session timeout and automatic logoff

Hi

I have searched everyware but not found any information on this, I can't believe that I'm the only one with this concern.

Anyway, is there any way to control session timeout in the Power BI service? I would like to set the number of minutes of inactivity after which a user is automatically logged off. Is that possible?

Thank you!

Mattias

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI is logoff automatic in 20 mins in web app and prompts user to relogin to display the report.

Is there a way to increse the session time out period more than 20 mins?

ryandeloreto

Does Microsoft already has solution for this issue?

kbajaj100

I wanted to follow up on this thread and check if anyone found a way to automatically logoff a user after a few minutes of inactivity. This is a requirement for us for security reasons. Thanks.

KarlinOz
Advocate III
Advocate III

I too am interested in this and I see there has been no definitive answer given. I searched the article referred to by @v-shex-msft but have found nothing there about auto-log off or session time-out.

We need this capabilty as well.  One of the Security requirements for HIPAA is "Automatic Log off", and we need this capability with PowerBI to deliver sensitive information as reports.

Does anybody have any further information on this?

There must be a setting somewhere? Admins? Anything?

There doesn't even seem to be an option to force a user off. We have an issue with multiple people using one logon. A member of the team left the company and doesn't log off before leaving - or has logged on away from the premises on a non work machine. Although we have changed the password on the account the user is still logged in with the old credentials and still has access. The only way to log the user off is to kill the account it seems.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mattiaseriksson,

I check at power bi settings and office admin portal but haven't found anything about the session.

Perhaps you can take a look at below article about power bi admin portal:

Auditing Power BI in your organization 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors