Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

igeisler
Frequent Visitor

Service: "Couldn't load the data for this visual", Desktop: all fine

Hi, 

I created a report in Power BI Desktop with an import Azure SQL Server-Database dataset. Then I published the report to Power BI Service to a shared Workspace. 

The dataset is used for 3 different reports. 

All report visuals load perfectly fine in Power BI Desktop. Also most visuals load without an error in Power BI Service except one bar chart, which is used on 4 different pages of a report is throwing the error "Couldn't load the data for this visual. Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details." on all 4 report pages.

Desktop: 

igeisler_2-1627373234866.png

Service: 

igeisler_1-1627373068729.png

Infos on this bar chart: 
x-achis: calendar[monthname] (table created in power bi with a date hierarchy)

y-achis: measure: a YTD running total of one column value from an imported table which is related n:1 to the calendar table

Both fields are used several times in different report but the error only occurs for this bar chart.

I applied several filters on these report pages. I tried to remove them and nothing changes. So it seems to me that those are not the source of the error.

Do you have any idea to resolve this error? 
Any help is very appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue was the date in this function. 
replacing 31.01. by 31/01 solved the issue

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you able to refresh in Power BI service ?.

Thanks,

Shanthakumar.

Hi Shanthakumar, 

I can refresh the report, the visuals reload but it changes nothing. The dataset refreshes daily at 01:00 AM UTC+01:00.

Thanks.

I tried to replace the measure by A. Then it loads the data. But with the measure B it shows the error.

B = CALCULATE(SUM(A), DATESYTD('Calendar'[Date], "31.01"))

this measure B creates the running total of A starting from 31.01

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

can you give like this ?.

B = CALCULATE(SUM(A), DATESYTD('Calendar'[Date], "31.01"))

thanks,

Shanthakumar,

it worked when I replaced 31.01 with 31/01 

Thank you for your help!!

The issue was the date in this function. 
replacing 31.01. by 31/01 solved the issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you change the datatype from DateTime to Date ?.

Thanks,

Shanthakumar.

Hi, 

I'm already using datatype date. 

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

what is your rights in Shared workspace ?. Do you have admin or contributer access to the shared workspace ?.

Thanks,

Shanthakumar.

Hi, 

this shared workspace is a group in O365 in which I'm a normal member (no admin). This Group is the owner of the report. 

I'm editing the datasource & report in Power BI Desktop and then I publish it to this workspace in the Power BI Service. 

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

This issue could be permission issue.  Is the dataset present in your workspace or shared workspace. ?. For testing, you can publish the report in your workspace and see this issue occurs or not.

Thanks,

Shanthakumar.

Hi, 

unfortunately the issue still occurs when publishing to my own workspace. 

I think the issue is connected to the measure used in the visual. I explained the calculation in my last comment to this topic.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors