Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Service giving an error of uncompressed data limit exceeded although the data is not big

Hi,

I have a dataset with size 800 mb roughly and is connected to HDFS through ODBC.

When I tried to refresh the dataset on the service, after 35-40 minutes of trying refreshing, it gave me an error saying "DM_GWPipeline_Client_ReceivedUncompressedDataExceedingLimit".

After this, I tried refreshing the same dataset in power bi desktop and it got refreshed there.

The connection is made through personal gateway and the size of the .pbix file is around 90MBs.

Can anybody help me in figuring out what the issue is?

Also, can we extend the timeout duration for a dataset in the service?

Thanks in advance

@amitchandak @parry2k @Icey 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

You can consider the following aspects:

1)Data limits 

Per Microsoft, the data limits imposed on Power BI Pro users are:

• Maximum compressed data set size of 1 GB.
  • Limit of 10 GB on the amount of uncompressed data that is processed during refreshes.
  • No data size restrictions in Power BI Premium.

For more details  , please refer to this document.

50.png

Data refresh timeout:

Scheduled refresh for imported datasets timeout after two hours. This timeout is increased to five hours for datasets in Premium workspaces. If you encounter this limit, consider reducing the size or complexity of your dataset, or consider breaking the dataset into smaller pieces.

2) ODBC  commend timeout

You can modify the following parameters in query edit. 

For more details ,please refer to this document.

Odbc.DataSource(connectionString as any, [ConnectionTimeout=#duration(0,2,0,0),CommandTimeout=#duration(0,2,0,0)])

In addition ,  you  can take a try of  incremental refresh (it is also now available in Pro).

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/incremental-refresh-is-generally-available/

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

You can consider the following aspects:

1)Data limits 

Per Microsoft, the data limits imposed on Power BI Pro users are:

• Maximum compressed data set size of 1 GB.
  • Limit of 10 GB on the amount of uncompressed data that is processed during refreshes.
  • No data size restrictions in Power BI Premium.

For more details  , please refer to this document.

50.png

Data refresh timeout:

Scheduled refresh for imported datasets timeout after two hours. This timeout is increased to five hours for datasets in Premium workspaces. If you encounter this limit, consider reducing the size or complexity of your dataset, or consider breaking the dataset into smaller pieces.

2) ODBC  commend timeout

You can modify the following parameters in query edit. 

For more details ,please refer to this document.

Odbc.DataSource(connectionString as any, [ConnectionTimeout=#duration(0,2,0,0),CommandTimeout=#duration(0,2,0,0)])

In addition ,  you  can take a try of  incremental refresh (it is also now available in Pro).

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/incremental-refresh-is-generally-available/

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors