Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scott_W
Advocate I
Advocate I

Service Problems - Spinning Circles and "See Details"

Back in September there were some service issues that resulted in an 11 page forum thread here detailing everyones problems.  It appears those same problems are back.  Yesterday during a conference call everyone received the same errors of endlessly spinning loading circles and all the elements being replaced with a "See Details" dialog box.  Same errors we experienced back in September.  Screenshot attached, just an FYI.

EDIT:  As of 1PM EST we're receiving reports our users in Dallas Texas are unable to use the service.  Total population affected is roughly 200 users.

powerbi_epic_fail.jpgpowerbi_error.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had major issues back in July and August but it has been ok the last few months...until about the last week or so when online Service has begun slowing down again.  The worst are the esri maps - the maps get 'confused' easily and the background turns white and freezes about 75% of the time if you dare to use slicers.  Additionally, the tables that provide detail on the mapped data (ex.  selected locations in the map) take a very long time to populate any slicer changes.  None of this is a problem in Desktop and the speed in Desktop is pretty good.  However, I am very nervous anytime I am presenting this data via Service and it defeats the purpose of rolling it out online since it is not reliable.  I am in the North Central US (Illinois).

Microsoft - please upgrade your Service speed, particularly for mapping.

Thanks.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Scott_W

I am not having this issue here. From the support site, there is only a publishing failure issue now which does not seem to related to your problem. I’ve noticed that you’ve already submitted an issue. Please keep an eye on this issue and post back if you still have service problems in large scope later. You’d better provide the location where your data in stored in (In upper right corner of Power BI Service – Help & Support – About Power BI).

Best Regards,

Herbert

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Are you still seeing this? I am in Seattle this week and am not currently having any issues.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

We are still seeing service interuptions, though it depends on the location.  We've roughly 175 offices across the US.  NY is working alright but TX, CO and AZ are down.  That makes sense since I believe Microsoft runs the platform off regional circuits? 

Not being a network guy I don't know, the problem could be on our side.  But this is the only connectivity issue currently affecting those offices and last time numerous companies had the same issue, so im taking a leap on this one.  I've got word out to other offices in other states and will keep an eye on it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors