Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Service Login Issues

Hey Everyone, 

Many of our users have been getting session expired prompt lately and even after restarting their browser and then being prompted to login through AD multiple times it lands the on the Owl Page page saying something has changed in the service and you need to close all our browsers to log in

dice927_0-1614693636829.png

dice927_1-1614693739008.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you ever tried to use other broswer or clear the cache for the current broswer and try again.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to add this, that I myself got this error this morning after going through AD authentication pages 

dice927_0-1614779010602.png

I have admin access to this workspace and logged in just yesterday, no settings have been changed.  

Hey @Anonymous ,

At least that is a bit more informative.  I found this thread on that error:

Solved: Power BI was unable to read the application metada... - Microsoft Power BI Community

And, this one:

Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata | Code2care

Also found this one, Power BI was unable to read the application metada... - Page 2 - Microsoft Power BI Community

Let me know if any of those are helpful!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

The first thing I would do is see if the Power BI Admin(s) turned off something in the tenant settings for Power BI.  Then next thing would be to see if the Active Directory admins changed/removed a security group or two which was linked to the groups within Power BI.  If both of those are negative and nothing changed, then it is open a ticket with Microsoft time to get them to help figure out from their side when might be going on.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @collinq . I am the administrator of our tenant and I haven't made any changes lately and also control the Power BI AD Security Groups as well, also no changes. 

Wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this to be sure. Some of the Owl messages have prompted users saying "there was a change the Power BI service" and that's why they needed to restart their browser. Figured it might be something the are doing in preperation for a service feature rollout or something. 

I planned on opening up a ticket to be safe, just wanted to put it out there to the community

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors