Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Steve
Frequent Visitor

Service Asset Restoration

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether Microsoft provide a restoration service (process? cost?) to bring back deleted reports and dashboards that were created in the service and perhaps accidentally deleted?

I am working with an Enterprise customer and this is one area of concern - obviously we can come up with several methods for version controlling PBIX files but once a dataset is published to the Service, additional reports and dashboards can be created that are not part of that original PBIX file.  How can these be safeguarded?

I appreciate there's a preview feature for downloading PBIX files from reports which can certainly help but what about reports were there are no downloaded copies and Dashboards which are Service only features ?

Many thanks

Steve

2 REPLIES 2

@Steve I am not aware of anything like this, nor a work-around. I would add some votes to this idea, or create your own if it doesn't match exactly what you need.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks very much.  Idea up voted 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors