Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AqWP4xjr
Advocate I
Advocate I

Separate app audiences have the same URL

I was excited to use the new audience feature for apps, but it seems different audiences have the same URL to reports. For example, audience AA and audience AB both have access to report R1. I was hoping to direct audience AA to report R1 on their tab via one URL, then direct audience AB to report R1 on their tab by their own URL. But it turns out, both URLs are the same, so this is impossible.

Both audiences have viewer permissions to the workspace, so they can see each others' tabs. I know this could be worked around by creating and carefully managing two new user groups, but the admin team at my org is not interested in doing that.

Quite honestly, I will be dumbfounded if it intentionally works this way. And if so, I guess I won't be using this feature. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Here's the link to the feature for reference.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2022wave1/power-bi/create-power-bi-app...

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @AqWP4xjr 

You are correct that it does not show a seperate URL for different audiences. This is because it appears to be contained within the actual PBI Service.

You could vote for the idea at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors