Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bobrienTES

Sending an automated daily email with a Filterable PBI Dashboard

Hi,

I am creating a PowerBi dashboard that will show daily metrics on website hits/time spent on a page etc.

I am pulling in the data each night and will link the PBI dashboard to a data warehouse. Once created the dashboard will refresh each night/morning.

The ideal next step is to send an automated daily email to a pre-determined list of contacts. 

Contacts should be able to open the dashboard each morning with stats refreshed from the previous day. 

Is it possible to set up a daily email that includes the updated dashboard which can be filtered by the user?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @bobrienTES ,

yes, you can subscribe yourself and others to a report.

Like this you will get automatically an email per day with the link to the report. Check the following articles:

Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Subscribe yourself to reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @bobrienTES ,

yes, you can subscribe yourself and others to a report.

Like this you will get automatically an email per day with the link to the report. Check the following articles:

Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Subscribe yourself to reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hey, Is it possible to send a filtered dashboard?

For example: I have a dashboard with indicators from several departments (the same indicators). But I'd like to send to email with the filtered department. When I subscribed, I received the whole dashboard and not filtered.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors