Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EricSwart
Regular Visitor

Selective Filtering

I work for a county in GA.  We are transitioning to power BI.  One of the things I am trying to do is filter by department, which the user selects, and have the chart show the breakout of the differing costs of the projects the department has undertaken over the last year.  The data is for the previous year and is therefore static.  However when I attempt to do this, I get the entire budget for the department but it is not broken up by projects.  I am working on the web version of Power BI and I would understand if that were the problem.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @EricSwart ;

First of all,

I suggest you download a Power BI desktop,

and then create a measure or column by DAX.
ALLEXCEPT statement or [group] = Max ([group]) statement;

And then publish to the service;
If you still have questions, you can upload a simple table to remove sensitive data and the results you want to output.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @EricSwart ;;

Is your problem solved?? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we could close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @EricSwart ;;

Is your problem solved?? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we could close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @EricSwart ;

First of all,

I suggest you download a Power BI desktop,

and then create a measure or column by DAX.
ALLEXCEPT statement or [group] = Max ([group]) statement;

And then publish to the service;
If you still have questions, you can upload a simple table to remove sensitive data and the results you want to output.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors