Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Giorgi1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

Selection on one page to affect multiple other tabs

Dear All,

I have built a report that is heavily relying upon bookmarks. 

The problem I am facing now is that I want a selection on one page to affect visuals on OTHER tabs. 

I employ two slicers (Customer/Product) on my main page, which are perfectly synced and affect all those visuals in other hidden tabs.  So, so far so good! 

But, I have another bookmarked button (changes view from Month to Year), which I am trying to figure out how I could make it also affect the visuals on hidden tabs. 

I have about 15 hidden tabs, with visuals that show various data by month. I want to make it so that when a 'Yearly' button is clicked, those visuals also display Years. 

Unfortunately, currently we don't have a functionality to enable bookmarks to affect other tabs.

Maybe anyone has encountered such a situation before and has come up with some clever workaround?

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Giorgi1989 ,

Bookmarks can be used to capture the current state of a report page. Even if the report page is hidden, it does not affect the role of bookmarks. Please note that there are also some limitations to using bookmarks.

vtangjiemsft_0-1669340272777.png

I think it will help you to refer to the following documentation for the visibility of bookmarks and what properties bookmarks can save.

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Giorgi1989 ,

You can do this using synced slicers or drillthrough.

Simply go to your report, click on "View" > "Sync slicers pane"

vtangjiemsft_0-1669269512506.png

Please refer to the following document for more information.

Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Filter across report pages | Power BI Exchange (pbiusergroup.com)

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Thank you for your reply. I have no issues with syncing slicers (as I said in my original post, I have 2 slicers that I use succesfully to sync across all hidden tabs). The problem lies with a bookmarked button. What I was trying to ask is whether there would be any possibility, on the basis of the selection on the bookmarked button (Month/Year view) to affect visuals on hidden tabs? 

Hi @Giorgi1989 ,

Bookmarks can be used to capture the current state of a report page. Even if the report page is hidden, it does not affect the role of bookmarks. Please note that there are also some limitations to using bookmarks.

vtangjiemsft_0-1669340272777.png

I think it will help you to refer to the following documentation for the visibility of bookmarks and what properties bookmarks can save.

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

Did you try report level filter?????

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors