Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ccubs2331
Frequent Visitor

Selecting fields to show up on underlying data reports

When I am Exporting Data and selecting underlying data from a tile I am getting lots of fields that are not being used on the report and then I am not getting fields I would like to see on my underlying report. I need to know how can one select what fields show up or deselect fields to not show up on the underlying data report.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ccubs2331 ,

When you export data and selecting underlying data from a tile, then all the underlying data can be seen.

Your demand that choosing which fields to be shown on the underlying data report is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

In addition, the fields that have been hidden will still be used by the tile. It just won't be shown in the Fields pane at Power BI Service report when you hide field.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ccubs2331 ,

When you export data and selecting underlying data from a tile, then all the underlying data can be seen.

Your demand that choosing which fields to be shown on the underlying data report is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

In addition, the fields that have been hidden will still be used by the tile. It just won't be shown in the Fields pane at Power BI Service report when you hide field.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mihart
Employee
Employee

Hi @ccubs2331 

Are the fields that are not showing up being used by the tile?

Most of the fields showing up are not being used on the report. They are in the dataset.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When getting the underlying data as far as I am aware it will bring in all the columns in the related table.

If you wanted to deselect fields you would have to hide them when creating the report in Power BI Desktop

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors