Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Selected Values function is not avaliable with SSAS as data source

Hi All,

I am not able to find selected value function. I am using SSAS as a data source.

Request your help to solve the problem or you can suggest any alternative for the Selected values function.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pooja Dhonde

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

You mean the SELECTEDVALUE function is not avaliable or else? What result do you want, could you please share more details? It's hard to understand your needs based on your description.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

You mean the SELECTEDVALUE function is not avaliable or else? What result do you want, could you please share more details? It's hard to understand your needs based on your description.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes..I meant that the SELECTEDVALUE function is not avaliable. I Am using SSAS as a data source.

Hi @Anonymous, 

This was a know issue before, but we have fixed it. The function works fine in Power BI desktop, not in Power Bi service? If it is, please create a supported ticket here to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

@Anonymous is trying to refer that she is using SSAS(Analysis Services) as Data Source which is Modelled in Visual Studio and then further connected to Power Bi Directly. We are unable to find the Syntax SELECTEDVALUE in SSAS for DAX that we generally use in Power BI.

Note: Only reply if you have knowledge of SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services).

Thanks,

-Rohit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Rohit,

If you used SELECTEDVALUE( Table[column] )  try below alternative :

if(Hasonevalue(Table[column]),values(Table[column]))

hope this helps you.

Reg
pooja

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors