Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NAOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

Select pages to Export

Hi all,

I am trying to achieve the following:

From a list of multiple projects, I want users to be able to export .pdf and .pptx files where each page corresponds to one project and its correspondant information.

For this I've set up a report where the first page looks like this:

FirstPage.PNG

Each of the slicers is connected to one hidden page. The slicers all come from the same table-column, Projects-Project Name, so the user selects one project per slicer, therefore populating each hidden page with the data correspondant to its selected project. It works perfectly fine if all slicers (and therefore their pages) have a value ( I havent tried this with the 24 projects, only with up to 4 and it works ok).

The problem is with the slicers / pages that do not get a value, which is what happens in most cases.

I would like to be able to further control which pages get exported. I could make them blank if the sync slicer has nothing selected, but then the users would have to manually delete the slides in their .pptx or remove the pages on their pdf afterwards.

Does anyone have an idea on how to go around this? I could make all the pages visible if necessary. May be there is a "dynamically hide pages" option that Im not aware of? Or something that allows me to export a certain number of pages?

Any idea is welcome. So let's get creative! haha

Thanks in advance to everyone that takes on this challenge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!

Not really, no. There are no ideas similar to this thread in the Ideas portal and I've opted to use a custom solution that does not include PBI, unfortunately...

Thanks anyway!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@NAOS ,

I'm afraid currently 'dynamically hide pages' as you mentioned are not supported in power bi. I would suggest you to post your idea here.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

NAOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

Up up!

@NAOS ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi!

Not really, no. There are no ideas similar to this thread in the Ideas portal and I've opted to use a custom solution that does not include PBI, unfortunately...

Thanks anyway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors