Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Select data to create report loading forever

Hi there,

Am I the only one having this issue? When I want to create a new report out of an existant dataset, the emergent window won't show any dataset to pick, just forever loading:

image.png

🤔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

You might be caught between a classic and a new SharePoint workspace.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-the-new-workspaces

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have seen this problem before (a few times).  The most common reason is the browser.  This is because of some browsers have different settings in the background.  Try a different browser.  Try clearing the cache.  Try adding all your Power BI URL's that you are using in this case to your Trusted Sites in IE and/or Edge (yes, even if you are using Chrome).

The next most common reason is the permissions - and sometimes that doesn't give you back a message, it just keeps spinning.  Confirm that the userid you are signed in has permissions to the dataset as well.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Let me know if that works for you.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq, thanks for your answer,

Apparently it has something to do with the workspaces as you mentioned; if I try to create a new report on my personal workspace it works just fine, but when I try that on a shared workspace I created (same as the dataset), the non-stop spinning appears. So, everything was created with the same user ID, I'd guess permissions are ok.

Any other ideas? 🤔

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you say "a shared workspace" do you mean shared WITH you or that you shared?  If it was shared WITH you, then you have to confirm that they gave you the permissions to see the dataset.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq 
I created it, in Sharepoint (it automatically appeard on my Power BI workspaces)
Just in case, I'll try creating a new one in Power BI and see if that works. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

You might be caught between a classic and a new SharePoint workspace.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-the-new-workspaces

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed. Creating a new workspace did the thing.

I'll read the document!

Thanks again! 😃

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors