Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

i820017
Resolver II
Resolver II

'(Select All)'

Hey Everybody,

I am using the new feature that allows you to take a report in Power BI in the cloud, and convert it over to a report in Report Builder. 

Anyway, the issue that I am having is that the report in Report Builder will not automatically default so that all fields within a slicer are selected. Currently, the end-user needs to select '(Select All)' in order to do so. Is there any way to have Report Builder automatically default to '(Select All)'?

I took a screen shot of what I am doing, but I am not able to show it for some reason.

Thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @i820017 ,

You can close the browser and try to upload your screenshot again, so that I can answer for you as soon as possible.

According to your description, when we want to preview the report of all parameter values, it is very useful to set "Select All" as the default parameter value. You can refer to the following blog link for the specific operation process.

Set Select All as Default for Multi-Value Report Parameters in SSRS (mssqltips.com)

related simliar solution case:

Solved: How to default to Select All in a Report Builder P... - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem is still not resolved, please let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
i820017
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hey Henry,

I tried doing what you said, and it is still not working.

Here is a screen shot of the parameters.

i820017_0-1627924326086.png

I cannot get all of the parameters to automatically populate when the report is run.

This feature has worked when I have created SSRS reports in the past. However, when I have created SSRS reports in the past, I created the report itself from scratch. With this current report, I am converting the report over from a Power BI report to an SSRS report using the new feature in the cloud version of Power BI. This feature came out in June.

Thanks

Dan

Dan

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @i820017 ,

You can close the browser and try to upload your screenshot again, so that I can answer for you as soon as possible.

According to your description, when we want to preview the report of all parameter values, it is very useful to set "Select All" as the default parameter value. You can refer to the following blog link for the specific operation process.

Set Select All as Default for Multi-Value Report Parameters in SSRS (mssqltips.com)

related simliar solution case:

Solved: How to default to Select All in a Report Builder P... - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem is still not resolved, please let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors