Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danibasto20
Regular Visitor

Security workspace

Hi everyone,

How can I add security levels on a workspace so not every members could edit the report? I have to publish in one workspace all the data from many areas in order to create general dashboards with different information and i would not like anyone  to edit the report?

There is any other way to create dashboards or pin tiles from reports of other workspaces?

Thanks for the help

Daniel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
healthEteam
Resolver I
Resolver I

The ellipsis in the app workspace selector view allows you to "Edit Workspace"

In the edit workspace you would want to choose Privacy - "Private - only approved members can see what's inside" and then "Members can ONLY VIEW Power Bi content"

When you add members to the workspace you will have the option to dropdown/select either "Admin" or "Member".

You are Admin and the rest are Members.

Thats how I have done this at least.  There are some new options with workspaces (depending on when you build the workspace) and some of the options for new workspaces get more granular, but the concept/functionality is very similar.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
healthEteam
Resolver I
Resolver I

The ellipsis in the app workspace selector view allows you to "Edit Workspace"

In the edit workspace you would want to choose Privacy - "Private - only approved members can see what's inside" and then "Members can ONLY VIEW Power Bi content"

When you add members to the workspace you will have the option to dropdown/select either "Admin" or "Member".

You are Admin and the rest are Members.

Thats how I have done this at least.  There are some new options with workspaces (depending on when you build the workspace) and some of the options for new workspaces get more granular, but the concept/functionality is very similar.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors