Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sjensen
Helper I
Helper I

Security of columns

There have been simular feeds on this but nothing I could see that fully answers this question. I want to allows some users to view a column but others to not view it. So hiding is not an option because then no one could see it. I want some managers to be able to see the information and others not to see certain information. I know this is possible through rows using the manage roles option under modeling but I need columns not rows with the security. Anyway to do this? 

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

Currently this is only available for SSAS Tabular 2017 or in Azure Analysis Services, hopefully it will be coming to Power BI.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/analysis-services/tabular-models/object-level-security?view=sql...

If this is a requirement possibly look at leveraging Azure Analysis Services.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you very much for the response! I will look into those options

henriquesilveir
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello @sjensen have a post about your question that are marked as solution, take a look: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Restrict-Column-Access-with-RLS-Almost-there-but-some-annoy...

don't forget to mark as solution if you got it, okay?

Let me know if it works,

Best Regards,

Hi Henriquesilveir, 

It looks like that is only to hide rows. Is there a way to hide full columns? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors