Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ericsetz

Security/Rights on users in groups

Is there a way to limit what users can see/do with objects in the group? 

For example, can I restrict most users from renameing or deleting data sources, reports, dashboards in the group?

Can some usres in the group have the ability to change/delete, but other just see the dashboards/reports?

Can I make the datasets visible only to editors, etc?

4 REPLIES 4
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

no, right now everyone in the group has the same rights.

Anything on the roadmap that will provide for this functionality?

@ericsetz

Have you explored Organizational Content Packs? Those will allow end users some ability to work with different data models and reports, but not altering the "core" objects created/managed by you.

Or is this specific to a set of report authors that you are trying to manage in a group? - Then as Andre mentions, we're all waiting 🙂

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I think the question is not if, the question is when.  Administration and collaboration are expected to be significantly improved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors